The focus of the position will be on the development and enhancement of the Windows-based products developed by Praim including Windows-compatible software (agents/clients) and Windows customized OEM images. The candidate will be part of the Research and Development (R&D) department of Praim and will lead the Windows team.
Praim products and firmware are currently deployed on thousands of devices. In particular, Agile is the Praim client/agent software developed for Thin Clients and for the automation of PC and laptops management, enabling the remote and centralized control of Windows-based endpoints. Praim products are designed for a tight integration with VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and with Cloud applications. Praim, moreover, customizes and deploys its own Windows IoT firmware images for Thin Client hardware.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the engineering properties and quality of the Praim software solutions, matching the goals of critical applications. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible of providing to the company architectural expertise, sharing insights and best practices concerning Windows solutions. The candidate should aim at a continuous improvement and training on Microsoft technologies in order to always adopt state-of-the-art solutions. She/He will work in continuous collaboration with the other member of the product’s team and integrating the development activities with the other products and teams.
The ideal candidate must have an extended and proved experience in software development on Windows environments and in the configuration and customization of Windows Operating Systems. She/He must have a grounded, general knowledge in Computer Science (graduated in Computer Science or closely related subject). The position requires strong organizational (planning and timely execution), collaborative and team-building skills. The candidate will be asked to collaborate effectively with a team of developers aiming at the highest possible product quality.
Important or preferred requirements:
- Be confident on other programming languages such as: C++, Python or specific libraries and frameworks (e.g., Node.js, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- Experience with desktop virtualization: Microsoft RDP, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop, VMware Horizon is strongly appreciated
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Windows operative systems architecture, and experience on Windows configuration and customization
- Master degree in Computer Science or ICT (e.g. Engineering) and/or PhD are preferred
- Passion for the Microsoft ecosystem, operative systems and hardware support
- Strong understanding of OS components: filesystem, network stack, registry, firewall, memory management, CPU scheduling, etc.
- Knowledge of all components of an ICT architecture, DHCP, DNS, networking
- Knowledge on cloud/server environment configuration (e.g., on Proxmox, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience using software collaboration, git, svn, etc.
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) tools is welcome
- Experience with IoT and new hardware support (e.g., drivers deployment) is extremely helpful
- Strong understanding of network architecture and development methodologies
- Experience in the various software development process and best practices
- Maintain an overall industrial knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Area: Software Development (Operative Systems, IoT, Embedded Systems, Windows)
- Target: Software development, maintenance and Innovation
- Enrollment: Mid or Senior, depending on previous and product experience
- Status: Professional, Software Analyst and Developer (potentially team leader)
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Location: Trento, Italy (head-quarter) and remote (full-remote is an option)
If you are interested in this job position, FILL OUT THE FORM