The focus of the position will be on the development and enhancement of the Linux-based operative systems and agents developed by Praim. The candidate will be part of the Research and Development (R&D) department of Praim and will be responsible of the Linux team.
Praim products are deployed in thousands of devices. In particular ThinOX is the Praim operative system for thin client and repurposed PCs, while Agile is a Linux agent enabling the remote and centralized management of Linux-based endpoints (leveraging on Ubuntu). The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the engineering properties and quality of the Praim software solutions, matching the goals of critical applications.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible of providing to the company architectural expertise, sharing insights and best practices concerning Linux solutions. She/he will work in continuous collaboration with the other member of the product’s team and integrating the development activities with the other products and teams.
The ideal candidate must have experience in plan, configure and customize a Linux Operating System to adapt a specific use case. He must have a grounded, general knowledge in Computer Science (graduated in Computer Science or closely related subject). The position requires strong organizational (planning and timely execution), collaborative and team-building skills. The candidate will be asked to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals aiming at the highest possible product quality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux architecture and operative systems
- Strong understanding of Linux components: filesystem, network stack, kernel, package manager, firewall, memory management, CPU scheduling, …
- Recompile the Linux kernel should be for the candidate an easy task
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Linux operating system configuration
- Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering and/or PhD are preferred
- Experience using software collaboration, git, svn, …
- Passion about Linux, IoT or embedded systems
- Knowledge of all components of an ICT architecture, DHCP, DNS, networking
- Experience in the various software development process and best-practices
- Strong understanding of network architecture and development methodologies
- Maintain an overall industrial knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Be confident with several programming languages (including: Python, C, C++)
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) tools is welcome
- Experience with desktop virtualization: Microsoft RDP, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop, VMware Horizon is strongly appreciated
- Experience with IoT and hardware support is extremely helpful
- Area: Software Development (Operative Systems, IoT, Embedded Systems, Linux)
- Target: Software development, maintenance and Innovation
- Enrolment: Mid or Senior, depending from previous and product experience
- Status: Professional, Software Analyst and Developer (team leader)
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Location: Trento, Italy (head-quarter) and remote (full-remote is an option)
If you are interested in this job position, FILL OUT THE FORM